Tier 1 (For Beginner Delegates):
United Nations Women (UNW)
Formed in early 2011, The United Nations Women has the
1. The rights of transgender individuals all around the globe
2. Combating the prevalence of sexual harassments against women within countries.
Formed in 2006, The United Nations Human Rights Council is responsible for ensuring that all of mankind enjoy the 30 fundamental human rights declared in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
In MONMUNIC 18, The United Nations Human Rights Council’s agenda will be set to discuss the mistreatment of a person during and post conflict, as well as discussing the long standing debate between privacy and security in the digital revolution.
1. Addressing the right to privacy in the Information Age.
2. Addressing the issue of human trafficking during conflicts and post-conflicts.
United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
Tier 2 (For Intermediate Delegates):
United Nations General Assembly (UNGA)
One of the Principal Organs of the United Nations, The General Assembly is where all nations in the UN has equal representation, and it is an important platform for diplomats all around the world to discuss and come together to solve global issues. In MONMUNIC 18, the agenda is set to discuss on the overall progress of each
1. Addressing the Progress of the Sustainable Development Goals.
2. Strengthening Global counter-terrorism initiatives.
Another one of the Principal Organs of the United Nations, The United Nations Economic and Social Council focuses on Economic and Social issues all around the world. It is responsible for several notable commissions such as the UNCSTD and the UNCSW.
In MONMUNIC 18, the agenda would be set to discussing economic development for countries in post-conflict, as well as addressing the issue of the slave labour markets in LEDC’s.
1. Integrating sustainable economic development in areas post-conflict.
2. Addressing the issue of
United Nations Economics and Social Council (ECOSOC)
Tier 3 (For Advanced Delegates):
United Nations Security Council (UNSC)
In MONMUNIC 18, the Security Council would be discussing the conflict that created the largest refugee crisis of our times, as well as discussing the increasing tensions with DPRK.
1. Escalating Tensions with North Korea.
2. The Syrian Conflict.
The European Union may not be under the United Nations, but looking at the change in political wind for the past decade, it makes for a very interesting council to have. The European Union comprises of 28 member states that looks to ensure freedom of movement between all member states, maintaining an internal single market, and monitoring the use of the unions own currency.
In MONMUNIC 18, We are going to discuss the winds of change, from debating on the divided view in accepting refugees, to further expanding the reach of the European Union.
1. Reforming the Refugee Distribution Process.
2. Assessing Membership Applications for the Expansion of the European Union.
European Union (EU)
All councils will be using H-MUN procedure